Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Gulfstream Update...

Decided today to go ahead and add the 2 foot plug to my GIII, and add some engines to get an idea of what the G-IV is gonna look like, and here are the results. Yes the Right wing is missing, cause I gotta figure out how to properly translate the spoilers after mirroring them on the X plane.Thanks to Rick Sasala for the engines, (From his G-IV project) for now they are only temporary. I plan on doing my own so the project is 100% original.Still to go is the Tail, gear, animation of flaps, but other than that, the Fuselage is done, the wing is complete with everything cutout, spoilers are animated.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26454.jpgPS. Adam at Flightcraft; I'll be emailing you shortly in response to your open invitation to join Flightcraft. And yes, it's posistive :)Thanks folks!Andrew Wolcott - USArmy - Pilot

Andrew,Hi buddy, I'm looking forward to it. If you'd like to chat with me on MSN, my email address is adam@ion-media.net. We all use that to communicate in the group. As for the status on the project so far, it's looking stunning. Surely won't be too long untill I can fly my dream jets. To give you a few more bits of information,we have an FDE engineer but whether or not you choose to use him, or make the FDE yourself would be up to you and as for a panel, perhaps your friend would also consider joing us. We could then start think about challenging Yannick for the top freeware business jet for flight simulator!Look forward to hearing from you![strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Guys,Here's another quick update for you. After speaking with Andrew this evening. He has decided to accept my invitation to join FlightCraft. An official announcement will be made later this week along with some extended previews both here on AVSIM and at our website located at: www.flightcraftdesign.com[strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

Adam,It is of course with great pleasure that I have accepted your invitation. Tonight I made quite a bit of progress on the Gulfstream 500 model (G-V) and here is the first preview pic. So far in the series will include the Gulfstream III, Gulfstream IV and Gulfstream V.I cant wait to get these finished just as much as you folks cant wait to fly em :) No idea of release times, but I can say that the G-III will be first out of the hangar.Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26610.jpg

Wow!, looks really good! Congrats on the flightcraft thing too. If I may, one small observation.....the wings look a bit too long and maybe slightly too wide in chord, especially at the wing root. Chord is the width from leading to trailing edge. Please dont take this the wrong way! I appreciate your efforts, I cant model my way out of a paper bag!!!!Hornit

Hornit,Here's another pic. What I think you're seeing at the wing root is actually the wing/fuselage fairing. It's 'chord', if you wanna call it that, is pretty long. The lenght of the wings however is spot on, right at the 93.5 foot wingspan from tip to tip. However, they may or may not look too thin. I havent decided yet, but input from others certainly helps :) Attached is a pic showing a better angle of the wing/fuse fairing. Remember, the G-V has a massive wingspan, so yes from certain angles they look extremely long.Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/26628.jpg

I guess maybe it was the angle, hard to tell in a screenshot of a non textured model. That looks good. Do us repainters a BIG favor and make the textures high enough res, for things like excellent paintjobs!!! I am really keen on this aircraft and will no doubt be painting it later :) Also a seperate texture for the nacelles allowing N numbers to be displayed correctly on both sides is really important on this aircraft as thats where most of them go. Another feature of a lot of Gulfstream paintjobs is a solid color lower fuselage. If you map the textures for things like gear doors and the wing/fuselage joint strange it wont allow this. I know Im requesting a lot, but it makes your model that much more popular so we can all enjoy repainting her!!! Thanks for what looks to be the best Gulfstream to hit the streets!Hornit

Looks really nice Andrew, stop teasing me with that damn 'G V'. Shouldn't be too long before I get to take her out on test! :( YAY![strong]Adam Nardone[/strong] Web & Graphic Design www.ion-media.net [/p]

The G-V looks great!You're right about the wingspan...at 93.5 ft it's just a hair wider than a DC-9. Big enough to pack on over 41,000 lbs of jet-juice.Now all we need is an FS rendition of the Honeywell Primus panel.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, D.C.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case