Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Announcing FSConnect 2.00

Hello everyone!Just wanted to take this opportunity to announce version 2.00 of FSConnect. It has been updated to work with FS2004, FS2002, and CFS2. For those of you who do not know, FSConnect is a DLL module that gets loaded into Flight Simulator's address space, and provides an interface for 3rd party programs to obtain data regarding the user aircraft.Usually new versions have more features, but I am sorry to say version 2.00 has less. :-( I have not been able to figure out how to move the user aircraft in FS2004. Writing lat/lon values to the usual offsets no longer seems to do the trick. My impression is that a function call is now required to accomplish that. I noticed that on the FSNavigator site they have mentioned that they are also having problems getting that to work. So at least I'm not the only one. However, all other "read" operations still work! I do very much want to get that "move aircraft" feature back, though, mostly because my EZ-Landclass program uses it, and I think it is a wonderful feature. The question is how to find the function to call, and what are the parameters, etc. I noticed that the dll files in the MODULES folder don't have the usual export definitions ... they seem to use this "Linkage" parameter, which points to a list of addresses that define the interface. It's all a bit over my head. Anybody out there know a bit more and care to help out? A helpful little "tip" or "clue" maybe? :-) All in the name of Freeware, of course!You can download FSConnect [a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=34194]here.[/a]Cheers,Russel Dirks

Guest odog

Thanks Russ, I wanted to let you know your dedication to this project is appreciated. I hope the SDKs are released soon to help guys like you, undertake such a huge task. It cant be easy, wish I could help.Keep it up!joe

Guest rschider

Dear Russel,A have seen VB and C code to connect to your DLL butnever a delphi interface.i have written a delphi application to connect to your FSConnect.If you are interested in this demo, let me know.(i am preparing the demo for my webpage)Rudi

Rudi,Yes I would be very interested! Maybe, with your permission, I could include your code with future releases? Send whatever you have to: russdirks "@" yahoo.caRuss

Russ, just a tidbit. FSNAV can do a "move aircraft here" and it does show up on the right click menu.... ONLY if you toggle slew and move a bit, then unslew. 9 outa 10 times it works ( for me ). As I said just a tidbit, and maybe it can help clue you in to the problems you are facing. Regards,Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap