Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

How do you shoot a "photoreal" cockpit?

Guest MasterBlaster

I have a strange need to try to shoot my first cockpit and I'd rather skip all the trial and error. How do those that do it

Hi,I got them from here:http://www.airliners.netand use MSPaint to edit the bitmap. A visit to the flightdeck to make pictures is now strictly prohibited over here.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Epanel

out of interest, what aircraft's cockpit are you photographing?If I were you, I'd get a photo of the captain's view ( straight on ) and the main panel up to the landing gear.regardsJonny

Get a series of overall pictures to be able to scale the layout. Photograph each instrument/panel section individually and get it as close to square-on as possible as this minimises time spent later in trying to square-up everything. Ensure that the edges of the surrounding panel boundaries/instruments are in view - makes stitching to scale easier. Don't use flash if you can help it - trying to clean up afterwards is a time-wasting PITA. Use the lens for the job - you don't want to fish-eye anything. If using digital (my preference because it can go straight to PC) use the biggest resolution possible. If using film use the slowest film that you are comfortable with so that it can be blown-up with the least loss of detail for scanning. Pay for a quality film e.g. Fuji or Agfa. Use a tripod in both cases if necessary - it will almost certainly be necessary for film.The photo of the HSI on my current project would need an A3 sheet to print 1:1 ratio and the MCP would require a paper roll almost six feet long. Why? Now just what was that little detail in the corner.... Is that flag on top or underneath compared to that one....-Dai