Sign in to follow this  
Guest taku

How to get Throttle Position?

Guest taku

Hi everyone.I have some questions. But I divide to several posts searching for who would have same question as mine.I'd like to know how to get throttle positions of jet engine aircraft. There are GENERAL_ENGINE*_THROTTLE_LEVER_POS for through ENGINE1 to 4 on SDK's Token variables datasheet.It comments the variable as 0.0... 0.1.. However, I cant get the value of this. I understood the comment as minimum value is 0 and max value is 0.1. I could only get 0 when I tried with own made gauge with 4 engines jet aircraft.Is the variable cannot use with jet aircraft? or am I misunderstood the usage of it?Any comments are so welcome and thanks in advance.Taku

Hi,This one works in my panel (XML):(A:general eng1 throttle lever position,part) (A:Throttle lower limit,part) /-/ + b 1 + /Hope you can do something with it.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest taku

Thanks Jan!However I'm making with C and totally no knowledge with XML.But seems GENERAL_ENG1_THOROTTLE_LEVER_POS works good asmin==0 and max==1?

Taku,You are correct, GENERAL_ENG1_THOROTTLE_LEVER_POS is a floating point variable whose values range from 0 to 1GENERAL_ENGINE*_THROTTLE_LEVER_POS is an integer value (between 0 and 16384, I believe).You might want to download Pete Dowson's FSUIPC SDK, fromhttp://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlEven if you are never going to make use of FSUIPC, the utilites FSLOOK.EXE and FSinterrogate.exe are worth the price of admission. They provide very useful information about what variables are available for the current aircraft and what values they hold.Best Regards,Doug Dawson

Guest taku

Oh, I had FSUIPC stuff, but forgotten it.I checked FSLOOK.exe and noticed how useful this is.And I could get Engine throttle lever position data by the way as you mentioned. Thanks all.Your Sincerely,Taku