Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Reading/writing the ADF freq. in XML

Hi,Can somebody explain how exactly to read/write the ADF freq. from an XML gauge (must work in FS2002 AND FS9)I now use the A:ADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCY for read,K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET / K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET for restoring.But I can't figure out exactly how/when to use the last two events.What I need to do:Read the ADF freq, and later on restore the same freq.I keep having troubles with freq. greater than 1000 Khz, (esp. above 1600), so I must be doing something wrong.Anyone ??Cheers, Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FAQ 20ADF_LOWRANGE_SET is for freuencies below 1000.0 kHz, ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET for frequencies above 1000.0 kHz. Both need the frequency without the MHz part in tenths of kilohertz and then transferred in BCD numbers. So for 1234.5kHz you need 2345 in BCD and ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET, for 234.5kHz you need 2345 in BCD with ADF_LOWRANGE_SET.Arne Bartels

Hia little bit more; you can use this snippet to set ADF1 and have 2 different displays.One needs 8 clickspots to change the (G:Var)'s and one to Set the frequency:"Logic"(G:Var4) 10 / (G:Var3) + (G:Var2) 10 * + (G:Var1) 100 * + (>G:Var9Active frequency display:%((A:Adf1 ACTIVE frequency, KHz))%!06.1f!"Standby" frequency display:%((G:Var5))%!06.1f!First 2 clickspots: (G:Var1) 1 - 0 max (>G:Var1) (G:Var1) 1 + 17 min (>G:Var1)Second 2 clickspots: (G:Var2) 1 - 0 max (>G:Var2) (G:Var2) 1 + 9 min (>G:Var2)Third 2 clickspots: (G:Var3) 1 - 0 max (>G:Var3) (G:Var3) 1 + 9 min (>G:Var3)etc.Clickspot to Set the ADF:(G:Var9) d 10 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + r 1000 < if{ (>K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET) } els{ (>K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET) }Not essential in all, but another way.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Oops .... * blushing*It's probably too obvious to look there :-) Thanks , Rob