Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Beginner Panel Hacker vs. FS9 King Air!

I'm new at this. Could someone point me to a description of how the default planes' VCs are laid out? Opening the VC window in FSPS, the layout of the gauges looks *nothing* like the actual panel layout. How does one go about altering these?Thanks,sg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Simply - you can't! :( Microsoft has made sure that no modifications are made possible. They've done this by assigning parts of the big texture area as small squares into each instrument placeholder, meaning that one instrument cannot be moved slightly to the left.Try the following, delete all instruments except one on each virtual cockpit panel. Then resize the remaining instrument to the size values given in the header (i.e. 512x512 instead of 80x80), and set the position to 0,0.gaugexx=Whatever!Attitude,0,0,512,512It becomes clear that you don't have _any_ options :( And I *really* wanted to make the 172SP into a reims cessna of older type. However, I suspect this layout (max usage out of each texture) could be more economic in terms of frames, memory etc.Still, a shame...

Wow. So there's no way to even "start from scratch" with a VC without starting from GMAX up? Bummer. I really like the Glass cockpit king air from reality xp w/jetline 4, but I'm rapidly becoming VC addicted.Thanks,sg