Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Placing additional gauges in VC?

I managed to replace the COM2 radio in the FS2004 Maule with a NAVCOM2 radio -- in both 2d panels and the VC panel.I also managed to place a VOR2 gauge into the 2D panels -- but cannot place this gauge ( from the Cessna 182s) into the spare space on the VC panel. I think I might have read somewhere that this can't be done.Any ideas?Thanks Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Barry,It depends on how the VC panel was textured and mapped for projection.If the panel background was applied in the model, then it is possible that the projection planar was built to cover only the background area that was to get gauges. In this case, you would not be able to "project" gauges onto the planar because there would be no planar over that blank area.My practice is to cover the entire area with a planar and leave the background and gauges placement to the panel designer. The planar and its mapping is only used for coordinates and therefore consumes no resources. FS then places the background and gauges in those coordinates at runtime. This approach keeps it simple and the same process is used by the panel designer (as 2D design) and allows others to change the entire VC panel design if they choose (i.e. background and gauges.)You would also have to redo the gauge backliting light map if you moved gauges around.Hope this helps.