Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Positioning Exhaust Smoke FX

Guest Heather 636

Good day gentlemen.I hope one of you can help me with a small matter.I am trying to apply smoke FX to an aircraft and can position it forward/back, left/right, but am getting nowhere in the vertical. No matter what I try, I either get nothing at all, or else it stubbornly stays on the longitudinal axis.Phooey!!Any help here would be greatly appreciated.Sincerely,Heather

Guest Firestriker

Hi Heather!Seems someone told a fib. The x,y,z refs seem to be incorrect.{SMOKESYSTEM} //(long., lat., vert. ?) (y, z, x, combination works) smoke.0=-0.099, -37.571, -8.873, fx_smoke_rx,smoke.1=-0.099, -37.571, 8.873, fx_smoke_rx,Lou

Heather, 2 ways to do it.I am assuming you want this smoke to be the aerobatic type, or, the burning oil type. In the section of the aircraft.cfg the vertical is not processed.. A boo boo on MSs part.1. (Easier) If you donot mind making it an unused light. Ex. LOGO Light. And having a switch to turn on LOGO or a gauge to have the smoke always on when engine is running at a certain rpm.//SWITCH Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=Logo (0=Cabin ?? (For FS04 only)) // light.X=Switchtype, - Rear + Fwd , -Left + Right , -Down, +Up, Effect name light.X=9, 44.41,20, 4, Heathers Smoke,light_logo=,0,1,02. Requires modifying the .fx file in notepad. Under each there are X, Y & Z offsets. Adjust all the Emitters. You can adjust the vertical there and save as a new .fx name. ( If modifying the MS originals ) The tough part about doing it this way is that "sometimes" ( more often than not ) you have to restart FS to see the changes. Just changing aircraft and going back doesn't work.Above is true for FS02 not sure for FS04. Doing it either way will make it compatible for both... ** Reply to "Firestrikers" post.Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest Heather 636

Thanks guys!Appreciate the info. At least I now know why it wasn't working.Will try again.Cheers!Heather