Sign in to follow this  
Virtual Captain

Making click spots available at certain times?

Hello...I have been following this forum for quite some time (unregistered until now) and I wanted to say that I am very impressed with the level of knowledge here regarding gauge design. My hats' off to all of you.I have been working on a vc for the past several weeks and I am near completion with the exception of a couple of last minute problems. I am making a simple switch that is concealed by a "switch guard" (not sure of the proper term for it is). So basically you have to click on the "switch guard" to reveal the switch...then if you close the switch guard the switch is once again concealed.I have all the xml code setup properly in terms of functionality but I have 2 problems:1)I need to get the switch not to draw when the guard is in the down/closed position; only when it is in the up/open position.2)I need to make the click spot for the switch not be available when the guard is in the down/closed position; only in the up/open position.Any help or info regarding this is greatly appreciated.Best Regards,Anastasio Alexiou

Hi,Make 1 gauge with 2 elements: the switch and the guard.Put the guard element below the switch element.Make sure in the bmp's that when guard is flipped open, the switch is visible and invisible when guard is closed.In the clickspot make the switch event dependable of the guard event:Guard: (L:Guard,bool) ! (>L:Guard,bool)Switch: (L:Guard,bool) if{ (L:Switch,bool) ! (>L:Switch,bool) }Clickspot guard below the switch clickspot.Works ok for me.Jan"Procul Negotiis"