Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Been grounded........

Hello all. My name is Brett, and I have not flown in almost 3 years. My wife and myself started a family 3 years ago and I had no time to fly. Everybody is getting old enough to where I can have some time to do some flights. My computer shot craps and all we have is a lap top. To get to my point and being brief, I am in the market for a new desktop. My question to you all is this. How does FSX, activesky and Windows Vista all run together? On my old system my main aircraft I flew was the PMDG 737. How does PMDG and vista get along? I still have all my software, FS 2004, PMDG 737, and quite a few other addons.I am a little hesitant to start to build up my hanger again if vista is a problem in the flightsim community. Also, is squawkbox and vista friends??Any help would be very much appericated. I am very excited to be getting back into this hobby that I love and have missed it very much.So in short:FSX and vista?ActiveSky and Vista?PMDG, FSX ActiveSky, Squawkbox and vista?Thanks again,Brett LucasKSTL

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry about your grounding!A few answers-if you get a decent system:FSX and Vista are fine. (There are things you need to set up Vista though so you will enjoy it-a visit to tweakguides.com and a free download of the vista guide will solve that!).Activesky and vista are fine-the fsx version is amazing.No knowledge of pmdg or squawkbox.Fsx will bog down in major city airports-period. On my e6750 core 2 duo overclocked to 3.3 ghz, nvidia 8800gt card, 4 megs of ram I'll get low 20's in complex cities with ai traffic 40% and level d 767. The one fps terminator is New York-where I'll go to 14-16. (I get a 5.7 on the vista ratings system).All other areas terrific35- to sometimes the 100's-most sliders maxed. You will have to experiment for quite a while to set the sliders to your satisfaction but it can be done.Hope you can get ungrounded at some point but understand the fam demands! http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/