Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

What's Up With GPS_WP_DISTANCE???

I was trying to add a GPS Waypoint Distance to my C gauge this afternoon, but regardless of Waypoint selected, the value return for GPS_WP_DISTANCE is always "835" (meters)... ???For example, from KGYY to WYZZE intersection is 10.7 Nm.Using the handy macros in gauges.h, METER_TO_NAUTIC_MILE( GPS_WP_DISTANCE ) will display .45 Nm... which is, the value being returned for GPS_WP_DISTANCE is "835."From KGYY to LAIRD is 24.6 Nm.The value displayed after conversion is .45 Nm... which is, the same "835" being returned by the variable GPS_WP_DISTANCE...What the heck is this all about?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since no one answered, I thought I'd add the following. I'm wondering if the reason GPS_WAYPOINT_DISTANCE didn't work is because I didn't "get" the parameter's data via GPS_Args?MOUSE_TOOLTIP_ARGS (GPS_Args)...GPSARG_Get_WP_ID).............MOUSE_TOOLTIP_ARG (MODULE_VAR_NONE, 0, NULL, NULL, NULL,

The solution, as always is the case, was quite simple.Assign a custom variable to the FS variable at First Run:gps_wp_dx = GPS_WP_DISTANCEthen use the custom variable instead. It works like a charm! :)