Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

3DSMax to FS model orientation

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wild guess but if it's happening on models with exterior and interior nodes, MAKE SURE that the pivot points of these nodes are correctly aligned.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Pivot points of the exported parts have never been an issue in the past on the alignment of the model. Don't see how this has anything to do with it, but thanks for the guess.Still looking for the answer from someone doing this. I'm thinking I might just have to use something like Deep Exploration to rotate it.Stick

>Still looking for the answer from someone doing this. I'm>thinking I might just have to use something like Deep>Exploration to rotate it.Why not simply rotate it in 3dSM before exporting it?

>Pivot points of the exported parts have never been an issue>in the past on the alignment of the model. Don't see how this>has anything to do with it, but thanks for the guess.>>Stick>I had the experience of a rotated model because the exterior and interior node pivots were misaligned. This may not be your case, though.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design