Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Duplicate gauges.

Can anyone tell me why I have multiple copies of the same gauge in the FS9 gauges folder? They are distinguished by having _nnnn appended to the name, eg. a-26 fpr.gau a-26 fpr_0001.gau a-26 fpr_0002.gau a-26 fpr_0003.gauThose with the _nnnn extension have the same date which is different from the original.Can I delete those with extensions?George

Guest bartels

If an "old style" gauge (FS98 style, gaugenn=a-26 fpr,xx,yy,ww,hh-syntax in the panel.cfg instead of gaugenn=a-26 fpr!subgauge,xx,yy,ww,hh) is mentioned more then once in the panel.cfg of your aircraft, it is copied to the above mentioned a-26 fpr_0001.gau, a-26 fpr_0002.gau ... names. You can delete the _nnn extension gauges as long as you still have the original, but the first time your plane is loaded again, they'll be copied again.Arne Bartels

Thank you for your prompt and detailed explanation,George