Hi,What is the best code to get the 0 degrees bar of the flightpath ladder always on the horizon?I use it in full screen, 1024/768, 0.8 zoom. I know the whole HUD has to shift around the MSFS V or 4 dots, (showing the longitudinal axis; points to the horizon when on the ground, so in flight showing the aoa(?)Tryed "incidence alpha", the "velocity body's", "pitch", different y-scale's and i think it has something to do with the vieuw point dirction.Any idea's?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,I think every pitch ladder I've seen done, C or XML, is wrong. They manage to keep the horizon bar on the horizon, but the scaling and number of degrees between bars is almost invariably wrong.In order to do a proper pitch ladder with bars every 5 degrees which ARE 5 (or 10) degrees apart, you'll need to use an enormous bitmap, in fact it will have to be bigger than the 2000 pixel limit (about 6000 pixels at 1600x). What I did, and it works fine, is to use 4 bitmaps and stitch them together with code. My horizon bar is a separate element (a polyline) because it changes depending on if the gear is up/down. Of course you could use all polylines if you want, but there will be much more code.I use (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees:1,radians) for rotation and (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees:1,degrees) for pitch. You could also use A:plane pitch (or whatever it is) if you're not worried about failures.In many HUDs the flight path ladder is coupled to the azimuth deviation of the velocity vector. There is no other reason to be concerned with body velocity unless you're doing that. I did this myself, simply by nesting the ladder code's rotation and pitch within the velocity vector code's incidence alpha and beta.if you want to email me at varmint007@hotmail.com I can take a look at your code for velocity vector and pitch ladder.--Jon

Jon,Send it with pic.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"