Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Smoke effects....

Guest tunka

I know with key "I" will have smoke effects, but what is the way to get same smoke effects without key "I"RegardsJuan

Guest Jason7070

Hi Juan,Smoke effects only work using "i", and will only work on a few aircraft. However there is another effect that is virtually the same as smoke effects. This effect applies itself at a certain alttitude, usually at about 20,000 to 30,000 feet.Hope this helps,Jason.I

>Hi Juan,>Smoke effects only work using "i", and will only work on a few>aircraft. However there is another effect that is virtually>the same as smoke effects. This effect applies itself at a>certain alttitude, usually at about 20,000 to 30,000 feet.Why not simply create an XML gauge to toggle the smoke effect on/off based on whatever condition you want to set?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hee Bill,"" ....simply create an XML gauge ....""In about half of the XML gauges I've seen that control the smoke system, the designer has made the classic error of coding it as:"condition"if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) }els{ >K:SMOKE_OFF) }instead of"condition"if{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) ! if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } }els{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) if{ (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } }causing the famous "cannot select engine-2", "cannot turn after pushback" and "cannot select exit-2" problems.So, it's not THAT simple ...LOL...Cheers, Rob

Guest tunka

Do you know where can download this gauge???RegardsJuan

Hi Juan,There are many aircraft that include a gauge that controls the smoke, a.o. the latest F14B (Dino Cataneo) or team KBT's F18 SuperHornet.E.g. in the F18: gauge Smoke_Jet_N1.xml (see the panel.cfg for usage)Rob