Sign in to follow this  
E

Light/Gauge problem

I have a set of gauges setup to run various lights when certain criteria are met. This was thanks to Rob. However, I get a flsh of those lights when I turn on the master lights switch (L key). The lights in question immediately turn back off when the gauge programming takes over. The problem is in that momentary flash... in most cases I have effects tied to those lights and that momentary flash causes the effects to "go off." How can I avoid this? (it's real embarrasing to have paratroopers jump out on the ground or to drop bombs on the runway I'm still sitting on *grin*)

Hi "E",You cannot avoid that.There's only one remedy: don't use the "All Lights" function :-)You can even delete the key/button assigment for "All Lights"; I've never understood why this feature is there anyway; probably a left-over from early versions of FS.The only way to avoid your problem, is if FS could make a distinction between Lightswitching from a gauge and Lightswitching from a key/button. But of course, it can't.And also realise: using Lightswitches to switch effects on/off, is a bit "mis-using" these functions anyway. But it's the only way we've got.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Dirty ratserschnitts! *grin* It was worth a try... thanks! And thanks again for all the help in emails!