Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

gmax c172 model

Hi, i'm designing a small single engine light aircraft like the c172 but i don't want to start from scratch with a gmax model. Does anyone know a way the original fs2004 c172 model can be opened in gmax, or if a good gmax c172 model is available anywhere?Thanks heaps already- ian(ian UNSW sydney Australia)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi, i'm designing a small single engine light aircraft like>the c172 but i don't want to start from scratch with a gmax>model. >>Does anyone know a way the original fs2004 c172 model can be>opened in gmax, or if a good gmax c172 model is available>anywhere?You cannot "open" a compiled .mdl to edit in GMax. Once compiled, it stays that way, thankfully.If you have access to FS2002 original disks though, there is a sample PA28-180 .gmax file in the gmax folder. Perhaps you could use that as the basis for your experimenting... :)

Heere is one from FS98 that is very simple. You will want to trace and enhance it. Makes a good starting point. "Some" work required upon your part. Enjoy and have fun!http://s95171098.onlinehome.us/junk/C172.zipThe file is password protected. Send me an email and I will send you the pw. Only going to send one, and after you get it, it's deleted. ;-)NOTE --- you will get an automatic response from my email with an attachment saying I hate SPAM. My outlook express deletes all email that comes from people who are NOT in my addy book. Take no notice, I will be looking for your request. Put PW in the title and I will set my filter to accept it, until I hear from you.we r rsam@mtco.comRegards,BobSSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problem anywhere in the cosmos. ..Have K&E and know how to use it!