Sign in to follow this  
E

Pyromaniac Vulcan

How do I start a logical engine fire? Not an effect, but toggling the token value for an engine fire. I've added a fire indication to some f T-handles, but can't figure out how to get a fire going to test them! Setting engine and/or random failures just seem to kill the engine with no other effects that I've run into in testing. Any ideas? (I'm sure it's something obvious I've missed at my "basic/dangerous" knowledge level)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,There is afaik no K-event for engine fire.If you already didn't you could do a search for engine failure.Lots of info.As an example you can let the engine fail ("on fire") after a certain time when some conditions are met:Too long too high N1, EGT etc.After a cooling down period, "discharge of anti-fire agents", reaching a certain altitude etc. etc. the engine can be started again.Possibility's legio, just a matter of imagination, trial and error; but that is the fun!Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>Hi,>>There is afaik no K-event for engine fire.Yep, that's the problem.>As an example you can let the engine fail ("on fire") after a>certain time when some conditions are met:That's the problem... I have no way to initiate an engine fire. FS9's engine failures seem to be complete failures, versus engine fire or other conditions.>After a cooling down period, "discharge of anti-fire agents",>reaching a certain altitude etc. etc. the engine can be>started again.That's on the "to-do" list. Hmmm, I now understand what you meant above (long day at work or I'm just slow *grin?*)... create my own "fire" based on [whatever] criteria! Thanks for the nudge! *grin*