Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

2002 GMAX Tutorial Files

Does anyone know where I can get the PA28 GMAX tutorial files from 2002? I don't have 2002, I only have 2004.Specifically, I'd like to take Ole Egholm's work a little further to model a 1973 Piper Challenger (Cherokee) 180 (straight wing).Thanks,Thomas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In particular, I have read in several sources that the model for the default PA28 is included on the FS2002 disks. I have not found the the model or associated tutorial on the Turbo Squid site. I own a 1973 Piper Challenger (Cherokee) 180 straightwing. I have not yet found a FS plane anywhere, either freeware or payware which models what I have. They seem to be always either Archers or the default model, which I guess is a 1960's Cherokee 180. Mine has the extra windows of the Archer and I assume longer fuselage, and the straightwing of the early models. I would like to try my hand at editing the default model to meet my needs, so if anyone can help me locate the GMAX models, I'd appreciate it.If anyone can suggest a good version of my airplane, I'd appreciate that as well. The performance of the model I am using is close but about 10-15 knots too slow and the RPM's too high. My plane cruises between 110 and 115 knots, and the FS plane is lucky if it can get up to 105. The max RPM it gets to is between 2450 and 2500 rpm. Makes landing difficult because the speeds and rpms are different.Finally, as I've noted before, I'm also looking for some gauges: Bendix KX-175B NavComm (similar to Tomy's Oldgauge, but without the ADF and XPDR and it needs to be Nav2), Bendix T-12C ADF and associated digital readout, full featured Narco AT 150C Xpdr, Northstar M1 Loran, and Airmarc 288 Audio and OMI.I've attached photos of my plane, the real panel, and the panel I've created thanks to Roger Austli, TheTeam@fsadventures.net, and all the people whose gauges I've used.Thanks,Thomas

>Does anyone know where I can get the PA28 GMAX tutorial files>from 2002? I don't have 2002, I only have 2004.That .gmax source file was only available on the FS2002 CD's. I have the source file here on my HD. Send me an email at n4gix@comcast.net and I will be happy to send it to you.