Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Problem Arming Spoilers in Eric Kantu's 737-700

Guest pscarratt

Hi,I have been testing my new panel with Erick's 7377 but have a problem with the spoilers - they seem to deploy when you arm them (Shift + /)I asked Erick if he knew why but he doesn't know - anyone here have any idea? Is there something in the aircraft.cfg I can alter?Many thanks,

Hi Paul,I assume this happens with aircraft on the ground and throttles idle ??If so: try it in the air ...I'll bet it works OK now .......From my FS9 'peculiarity's' archive:************FS9 has a "feature": when the aircraft is on the ground AND the throttle is idle, and you ARM the spoiler (so to a SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION of less than appr. 30%, e.g. via default key "Shift-/"), it doesn't set the spoiler to ARM but to FULL instead.And, if throttle NOT idle, and spoiler ARMED: if you setThrottle to idle, FS9 automatically set spoilers to Full.**************Seems like a feature of FS9, to allow you to test the spoilers (when on the runway with idle throttles).So: not a "bug", but a "feature" :-)Cheers, Rob

Hi,Something to do with "autodeploy" "yes" or "no" in the airfile?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest pscarratt

Rob,You're spot on thanks!

Hi Jan,Yes, it only has this behaviour if "autodeploy" is True.(and "autodeploy" the spoilers if ARMED and you land).But if "autodeploy" is "False", the Armspoilers doesn't work at all.(i.e. Shift-/ doesn't do anything in any situation).I can even add to the above (with autodeploy = True):If the aircraft is standing still, and throttles are Idle:Arming the spoiler with Shift-/ results in the spoiler being fully deployed (as described in my first post). But if you now open the throttles, the spoiler is automatically retracted fully.I.o.w.: Although the spoilers are fully deployed, FS9 "remembers" how this was done: via / or Shift-/. Because if you fully deploy them manually (via /) and open the throttles, the spoilers remain fully deployed...Cheers, Rob