Sign in to follow this  

I am getting close to finishing work on the Cirrus SR20 G2 model, and now need to find a solution to the problem of FS9's "perceived radius" of the .mdl...Since I've included the CAPS (ballistic parachute system), FS9 is "seeing the radius of the model" as if it were as "large" as the radius from the origin point to to the top of the deployed parachute... which obviously creates not only a perspective problem, but also forces FS9's traffic management system to act as though the demure little Cirrus were a massive jetliner when it comes to "parking assignments!" :(Does anyone know a solution to this? Is there somewhere in the FDE where the "radius" is defined, or is there a "hack" for the .asm files that will re-scale the reported radius to a more realistic size?EDIT! Never mind! The AFCAD solution works just fine, since the actual .mdl file is updated...LESSON LEARNED: RTFM! Up until now, I never knew that AFCAD even had an "Aircraft Editor..." :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator