Sign in to follow this  
Guest herbie49

Looking for an aircraft registration gauge (FS2002)

I have the wonderful Flight 1 PA28 Archer, and enjoy lots of VFR flying around Biggin Hill in England. Last summer I had my one and only flying lesson from Biggin in a PA28, and am looking to repaint the plane to match the one I flew in.One thing that annoys me is that I have tried repainting the aircraft panel to replace the default aircraft registration code (N8439) with the actual one of the plane I flew in (G-LSFT).Although I have Photoshopped both the DF28_Main.bmp and DF28_Landing.bmp files in the panel folder to replace the code, the plane still shows N8439 on the Landing Panel. The Main Panel is okay and shows G-LSFT.So my thought is that maybe one of you genius gauge programmers out there has built a gauge which can be loaded onto a panel to display whatever aircraft registration code the sim is set up with. It seems perfectly feasible to me, but them I'm no expert on XML, SDKs, FSUIPC, C++, or any of the other tricks up your sleeve.I tried searching the library for such a gauge, but drew a blank.Any advice?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It probably already has one. Change the number when you load the a/c and see if the panel's number changes as well.

search for atc_id.zip here at avsim or flightsim. I hope it helps.