Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Partitioning Using Imaging Softrware

I just bought Acronis True Image Home and have been cloning my FS9 drive, which is smaller and is the primary (C:) drive, to a second 750gb HD (F:). I would like to keep more than one version of the image as backup, and also image the primary's on my other computers, but I just remembered that XP won't let me repartion a primary partition, which the cloning process has now marked the 750 gig drive. (Duh.) So I now have a 700 gb drive that is only holding 85 gigs of data.Is there any (cheaper/free) way that I can create more new partitions on my F: drive without paying That Faceless Giant Norton 70 bucks for Partition Magic?As always thanks in advance to the group.

Look no further than Acronis Disk Director Suite 10. Miles a head of Partition Magic, where there is no magic any longer.When Partition Magic said my partitions were bad, Acronis Disk Director had no issues making the changes to my partitions. Stick to Acronis, you can't go wrong with them, and its cheaper too.Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your help! I was getting ready to give another $50 to Acronis for Disk Director when I accidentally discovered this morning that my Acronis True Image Home software will allow me to do this -- sort of. You have to do it at the time you create the image and you have to use the manual clone drive feature. You can't use the automatic setting.I re-imaged my C: drive to my 700 gig F:, opting to overwrite the original primary image that was already there. They call the option to do this "Relayout," (oh, yeah, HOW'D I miss THAT? LOL) and it's a little check box at the bottom of the screen that needs to be ticked.I will probably still get Disk Director though, just not today. Thanks again!