Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

VC and Landing Light Questions

For background, this is how I like to fly. I have a three monitor setup, with the outside view on a large 21" CRT (purchased for less than $100 on Craigslist - got to love the move to flat screens), my main panel on a 17" flatscreen directly below the CRT, and my radios, GPS etc on a third CRT. I like flying planes without VCs becuase you can pan in that view, unlike the 2d cockpit view (at least to my knowledge - is there a mod that allows panning in the 2d panel mode?)This is not an issue with most new add-ons, which now mostly come with no VC options. However, FSD's older aircraft, and Flight One's Conquest do not. I did some playing around last night with a hex editor, and easilly removed the VC from the Conquest. However, I lost my landing lights. What, if any is the relationship between the VC and landing lights? I have not tried this with any other planes. Any help would be most welcome. Thanks!Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The landing lights and taxi lights are part of the VC model. If you "hex edit" the .mdl to remove the VC, you lose the lights...