Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Jimmy Richards 757 panel

I downloaded the boeing_757-767_panel.zip and installed it in my POSKY 757 aircraft file. It is a really nice photo-realistic panel which matches the VC really well. The only thing I don't like is that the main panel opens with 7 sub-panels (windows)overlayed. I have to right-click and close each of these before I can start flying. I thought it might be possible to hide these windows by changing them to visible=0 in the panel.cfg file. However, I find that the aircraft will not then load (halts during 'loading scenery objects') and then FS9 crashes. Can anybody suggest a way to overcome this please ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A panel crashing like this is usually the result of C/C++ gauges sharing variables. If one gauge tries to access a variable shared by another gauge, and doesn't find it, the sim will crash. Shared variables typically aren't available until the sharing gauge is actually drawn on the screen.One solution to this problem is to ensure that each panel window is open when the panel is loaded. That way, all the shared variables will immediately be made available.Send me an e-mail at the address in my profile and I can send you a gauge that will automatically close these panel windows shortly after they are opened.Doug Dawson