Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mirage

HUD with flight path vector

Guys, Is there any HUD which has a true flight path vector and not just a pseudo one which is connected to vertical speed?Thanks,Andysignature.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jan, Those released HUDs do not have true flight vectors. I hope that F/A-18 HUD will have a true one.Andysignature.jpg

Andy,I think we all here made HUD's with true flightpath vectors.Cannot say anything about downloadable HUD's because i don't use them.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

I'm not sure which HUD you're referring to which you say does not have a "true flight path vector", but I can assure you mine does. You may be confusing the fact that the Velocity Vector is caged to the horizontal in my images. This is because the LG is down. When raised, the VV is uncaged and free to move about laterally.The Flight Path Vector, or Velocity Vector represents your true flight path, and is in no way associated with vertical velocity. If you have a different definition, I'd certainly love to know about it:)If you want to know how to create one, I'll be happy to explain it. Are you LOOKING for one, or trying to write one, or just critiquing?--Jon

Opps, and it probably bounced:(. I just updated my profile to:jblum@vrsimulations.com--Jon