Sign in to follow this  
Guest conradsm

Problem with export mdl with Gmax

Guest conradsm

Hi to allI'm an Italian boy ( sorry for my english )I've made an aircraft with Gmax for FS2004 . On the central gear , I have made an animation for the suspension with bones . In GMax the animation is ok , but when I export with MAKEMDL into FS2004 the bone's animation doesn't work . All the parts are named with prefix ( c_gear ) but nothing . In FS2004 the retract gear animation works fine but the suspension animation ( bones ) doesn't work. Is there someone can helps me ?Thanks

Guest Firestriker

Makemdl does not support the bone system. You will have to animate the individual parts.Lou

As Lou said, "bones" aren't recognized, but IK does work...Although truthfully, I find it far easier to simply keyframe animate each part rather than bothering with the IK Solver... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest conradsm

Ok , thanks guysso I could use the IK solver ...but do I have to use the parts ( must be animated ) like the bones ? or can I link the IK to the parts ? below , the example made with bones ( the IK is linked with the cilinder blue ) , but now I have to use something else . http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/121054.jpgConrad

If you don't have it already, download the Scenery SDK. In that SDK, there is an example of a "robot" standing in front of a house. That "robot" is animated using the IK Solver method.I personally haven't taken the time away from my already full project plate to look closely at it, but at least I know that (a) it is there to examine and (:( IK works with MakeMDl.exe... ;)It seems evident though that since "bones won't work" that the IK Solver must be used with the parts instead...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest conradsm

Thank you Bill , no , I haven't the Scenery SDK and I download it now ,but finally I have found the solution for the suspension animation with your suggestions ! :) , I've used 3 "point object " linked with IK and all works fine , instead the bones ! I'm in my office now and I haven't try this to export in FS 2004 ( I'm trying here only with Gmax.. ). I hope this evening that all works! Bye!Conrad