Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Implementation of GPS using Google Maps

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heh, I use zope and mysql on my own site. As for the feasability, it is likely something I could easily do in zope/linux. For the sim? Not so sure. Are you a python/zope expert? (I have been working with zope for 5 years and I am still no expert and use only a small fraction of its power. To be frank, it is a very steep learning curve and I have been pondering moving my site away from zope and converting it to XML.).You would likely need to recreate the zope template it uses in XML or C. Zope's template programming language is (was) TAL and MeTAL). Are you familiar with this?It would be tough, and the end result might be both slow and a bit memory intensive.Good Luck.Shad

Interesting but note the restrictive Terms and Conditions from the Google Maps site:"Photographic ImageryThe photographic imagery made available for display through Google maps is provided under a nonexclusive, non-transferable license for use only by you. You may not use the imagery in any commercial or business environment or for any commercial or business purposes for yourself or any third parties.You may not copy, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, modify or make derivative works of the imagery, in whole or in part. You also may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the imagery or any part thereof or use it in any manner not expressly authorized by this agreement.By using Google Maps, you do not receive any, and Google and/or its licensors (if any) retain all ownership rights in the imagery. The imagery is copyrighted and may not be copied, even if modified or merged with other data or software."