Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Elevator's axis get offset in FS

I just can't understand this, maybe someone has already encountered this problem ?The elevator's axis are well aligned in 3DSMax, the part is linked to a non-animated parent - and moreover, there was no problem with it before.Now, the elevators are both offset leftward in FS. Can anybody explain this phaenomena ?Thanks in advance,Dimitri

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest iholrf

>I just can't understand this, maybe someone has already>encountered this problem ?>The elevator's axis are well aligned in 3DSMax, the part is>linked to a non-animated parent - and moreover, there was no>problem with it before.>Now, the elevators are both offset leftward in FS. >Can anybody explain this phaenomena ?>>Thanks in advance,>Dimitri>__________________________________________>an8an10an12an22an24an26an30an71an72il62il86il96m4tu95tu114tu126tu134tu144yak40yak42No idea about your problem but your sig drew my attention... first I thought it might be a "c" string, or a PGP sig, then i noticed what it really was...so... why no Beriev, Kamov, Mikoyan-Gurevich, Sukhoi or Yermolaev? ;)CheersShad

@Shad : because they are military (my only military models derive from civil ones, though in real life it's the inverse)So the question seems to be too difficult ?Some more info about that. I linked the rudder to the tail and it lost its axis in FS. I linked it back to the "exterior" root node and the rudder came back to its place. But not the elevators, obviously I tried this trick with them too. If I break the model and offset the elevators in 3DMax, they appear [better] aligned in FS. Can it be a Makemodel bug or maybe something in the XML parameters ? (so far I didn't use any custom xml code)

Guest iholrf

Perhaps not so much as too dificult as opposed to "too few here with experience in 3DMAX" :)All I can suggest is do another check of the link heirarchy. Have you considered importing it into GMAX to take a looksee?CheersShad

I'm one of those with "too few experience in 3DMAX". :)But I finally found the answer by myself. You're right Shad, this is something to see with the link hierarchy. The part gets deformed if either it has a scale deformation or inherits from a part with a scale deformation. If the part with scale deformation is animated, you'll most probably get an error from MakeMDL.exe. If it inherits from a scaled part, it can deform in FS. I've even managed to get parts deformed DYNAMICALLY in FS ! Given that scale deformation is not supported by FS, this is quite an surprising fact !Well, how to avoid this ? 1. Click "Reset scale" in the pivot's rollout. 2. or/and unlink the part, reset the scale of its parent and link again.It should also have the checkboxes 'inherit scale' unchecked.

Guest iholrf

Good to hear Dimitri. I am glad you got it figured out. Thanks for letting me know how it went as well. It is always nice to hear about the progress people make.CheersShad