Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Aztec panel update

Guest bones

A few weeks ago I posted a screenshot of my Aztec panel - it being my first attempt at building XML gauges. Here's an update of the work:GCALL_New.jpgThe real aircraft returned a week or so ago and this allowed me to update a lot of the gauges with accurate bitmaps of the real Piper dials. Cosmetics completed the coding is now continuing on the radio stack. The Collins Audio, King KN64 DME and Filser Transponder (below the Nav 2 display) are now working and I am now fiddling with the KR87 ADF. Last will be the KMD150 GPS and the Garmin SL30 Nav/Com units - the tricky ones for a beginner like myself. I'll be very happy when that big blank GPS display lights up for the first time - trying to be positive here :)..I had never touched XML before, have no programming skills and RPN makes me want to find a nice thick wall to bang my head against - but I thought I would give it a go. It took a long time to make the first gauge (the ASI) but with help from this forum, looking at lots of existing XML code, help from Arne, Jan and Bill here and Arne's tutorial I have slowly got a reasonable panel together.It's been a struggle - not yet over - but if I can do it I hope it will encourage other beginners to give it a try.

Bones,And I think it is beautiful!!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"