Sign in to follow this  
JP_Visser

Touch Control Steering.

would it,in your esteemed opinions,be very hard to implement that in a certain aircraft?i basically want something like the PSS dash 8 and Frolov dash 8 have,i.e,at the touch of a button my aircraft holds roll and pitch.I personally think it might be harder as i think it is,thus i'm asking what you guys think,especially since,as far as i know,both planes have a custom built autopilot.nevertheless,i find it very handy,so i thinki'm still going to explore the possibilities,even though i haven't designed anything yet.cheersJP.

Hi JP,Is this the same as CWS (Control Wheel Steering) ?I'm not familiar with the Dash-8, but it sounds a lot like the FlyByWire sytem of Airbus's where some mode enables you to hold Attitude when you set the "sidestick" to neutral position:- Maintain a load of 1.0 "G" (at leveled flight) or the Vertical Speed (V/S), at the moment the sidestick (joystick/yoke) is set to the neutral position.- Maintain the bankangle at the moment the sidestick is set to the neutral position.- Is it possible to implement such features as an addon for the AP of a specific aircraft ?Yes, of course :-)- Is it hard to implement ?That's depends how accurate/realistic you want it to perform.Rob

I don't think it's the same,although it does sound very familiar,and even might be the same.It allows one to set the bank angle,which the plane will hold,and it also allows one to alter V/S,you just push the button,select the desired V/S,release it,and a/p holds new v/s.likewise,you can alter the bank/roll angle.instead of dialing in new values,you just set them using TCS,which might be the difference with CWS,as that merely holds the aquired attitude.I will investigate further,it should not be too hard toisolate both modes,and then have both react to one keypress.then again,sofar nothing has been really easy with flightsim :)so probably will need some fiddling with the fde as well.cheersJP.