Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

xml hud gauge

i am wondering if anyone knows of an XML HUD with bright and dim modes? have been wrestling with a hud that changes its color mode via window swaping. in a panel with side and lookdown views its starting to clean my clock. i have avoided tackling an attitude gauge (with so many good ones available) which seems to be the precursor to building a hud gauge.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,If you use text and/or vectors then you can change the textcolor with:Color="%('#008b00' '#00cd00' '#00ee00' '#00ff00' '#c1ffc1' '#ffffff' '#ffcc66' 7 (G:Var1) case)" Choose the colors yourself and make a knob which increases and decreases the G:Var.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Following Jan's excellent idea to use text and vectors,I have a knob which chooses, amoungst other things a night and day setting, and sets a value for (L:hudKNOBpos,number)Then a colour choosing knob,(L:HUDColorKnob,number) ++ 2 min (>L:HUDColorKnob,number)Then,(L:hudKNOBpos,number) 2 == if{ (L:HUDColorKnob,number) 3 + (>L:HUDColor,number) } els{ (L:HUDColorKnob,number) (>L:HUDColor,number) }if (L:hudKNOBpos,number) equals the night position (2), it adds 3 to the value for (L:HUDColorKnob,number)and then sets the value for L:HUDColor,numberThen ineither the first 3 colours are used for night (darker) or the second 3 are used for day.This could be simplified but I use the L variables for other functions as well.I use this method in my F-117A (blatant plug),cheers,nick

hmmm, thank you for the advice, a knob that changes the brightness in a scaler manner would be a dream hud. but i am afraid i am out of my depth...( programing a hud useing vectors is beyond my abilities). i think before i tackle so dounting a task i will ask for help with the one i am useing. perhaps someone can solve the problem.