Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

Problem with Nav 1 and Nav 2 needle

I have a problem with the needle on a vor, Insert frequency example 112.90 into Nav1 or Nav 2 and the needle points the wrong way.Have tried PointsTo in all the direction of the compass no luck.This is the code I have can anyone see anything wrong with it.(A:NAV1 radial, radians)(A:NAV2 radial, radians)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I always use in my needles, with values in degrees for each x,y position. Radians in seems to be ok.Tom

(A:AVIONICS MASTER SWITCH, bool) if{ (A:NAV1 RADIAL,radians) (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES GYRO,radians) - } here is one of mine that works. the needle bit map is in the vertical with the needle down. the compass rose has north to the top.it differes from yours in that it is drawn on a dynamic compass, that accounts for the planes heading. it also needs the avionics switch on you could just clip that part off if it does not suit you.since i made this, i have dispenced with the points to, it is supposed to be used to tell the needle the direction of rotation. more useful in a gauge then a compass. i just use + - degrees and a needle that points up. not the style i posted , but this is an older creation, but it does work.