Sign in to follow this  
Guest iagman

Zulu time in FS

Guest iagman

Would someone be kind enough to explain what FS zulu time is based on?. I see no correlation between the zulu 24-hour value, my system clock, or anything else. It certainly is not calculating actual GMT based on my time zone and system clock.Glenn

Guest ridgell

ZULU TIME Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)copy and pasted from the sdk.it is supposed to be uncorrected GMT, no DLST i just changed a fs9 clock from local to zulu and it made no differance in the time. mine was a 12 hour clock display...perhaps you need a 24 hour clock display ???

Guest iagman

The clock on my computer presently shows 11:39 a.m. That should be 1139 local time in the 24-hr. format or 1739 zulu for my time zone. But the (P:Zulu time, hours) and (P:Zulu time, minutes) show 05:01 which makes no sense. I though that pauses in FS may have caused the zulu time to get out of sync with my computer clock, but reloading an aircraft does not reset the zulu variables. Glenn

My experience is that if I load a saved flight then it it uses the time shown when I saved it. If I create a new flight then it uses the current time shown on my PC. I have System Time selected under Options|Settings|General. I can change the time using World|Time and Season.Does the time shown on the aircraft clock agree with the times you are extracting using (P:Zulu time, hours) and (P:Zulu time, minutes)?

Guest iagman

That info make sense and is just what I was needing. I use the same saved flight over and over for tests.Thanks, Glenn