Sign in to follow this  
me4246

Elevator sensibility and variables involved?

Hi,I would like to know what are the variables you can use to modify the plane response to elevator yoke control. I have some planes that are more sensible to input than others, and since I have FSUIPC installed, that is all my joystick sensibilities set as FSUIPC manual suggest, I'm afraid it's a problem related to the single aircraft. I would like to know if my new settings interfere with FSUIPC good working, and where to write these settings (I guess aircraft.cfg?).If someone would point me to a good tutorial I would be grateful as well...Thank youFrancesco

Hi Francesco,Of course you can try to tweak your elevator axis to have a good response on a specific aircraft (using FSUIPC or otherwise) but, as you concluded yourself, that's approaching the problem the wrong way.A way-off flightdynamics for a specific aircraft should not be compensated by mis-calibrating your axis :-)The simplest (not: the best) way to improve a wrong elevator response to axis input, is the following:In the aircraft.cfg there is a section "flight_tuning"If not, create it.And add a line:elevator_effectiveness=1.0(note: 1.0 is the default if the line is not specified)Just experiment with the value (try values in the range 0.5 to 2.0 first, and see what it does).Cheers, RobPS: You can find this info, and a lot more, in the AircraftContainer SDK, obtainable from the MS website.

Thanks Rob, that's probably just what I needed. Going to fiddle a little with that and then (if it doesn't work for me) I'm going to the famous SDK ;-)Francesco