Sign in to follow this  
Guest NightFlyer737

audible altitude alert

Guest NightFlyer737

In the real jets, like the Boeing and Airbus, when you are 1000 ft. from your target altitude, there is an audible alert tone. My question is, I KNOW that somewhere surely, someone has made this guuge, or knows how. I sure would like to have one in my panels so I can feel like I'm in the cockpit. Any suggestions? Thanks.Capt. Wes

Hi Capt. Wes You want AVRO_AltHorn.gau from an AVRO FS2002 panel works in FS2004 also.

Paul EGLD

Dear PVE!I'm also interested in this gauge. After hours of zip-diving and D/L the panels for "jumbolino" (I do not really expect to find a gauge in the Lancaster panel), I found nothing even close to Althorn.gau ???Help PLS

Hello Zip diver Sorry I was wrong its a FS98/2000 gauge by Chris Koegler and I think it came out of a large twin turbo prop, Works ok in FS2004 (using it in a 737) Good hunting.

Paul EGLD

Guest NightFlyer737

I found 2 gauges that will work. The easiet one is calle ID_AltHorn.gau. I think I found it in one of Ken Mitchell's panels, who in my opinion is an expert panel maker. Too bad that he has closed his shop. The good thing about this gauge, is that it's all self contained and you don't have to reference it to a separate sound file, just put it in the panel.Happy Landings,Capt. Wes

Thanks for the tip NightFlyer - found it as SAB_Althorn.gau in a panel for sabreliner (sabexpnl.zip) in Avsim Lib. Somewhat surprising fact is that it does not work correctly, at least not in the panel of PSS A320.

Guest NightFlyer737

Also: another gauge in Gen. Marcello Lugari's wonderful Airbus panels for FS2002 will work. You will need both the gauge and the sound files hghb_altwarn.wav and ML_AltAlert.gau. This will add a bit more of "as real as it gets" to your panels.Happy Landings!Capt. Wes