Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Ldg lights,Logo lights and cabin lights work together

hi,I downloaded a Posky Alitalia B747 author Massimo Grassi.At the night using the spot plane view, the Logo lights and the cabin lights work only if the Landing lights are switched on.In short to operate the Logo lights and the cabin lights you have to switch on the landing lights.How can I divide those lights and assign them its proper switch?G.Franco

You need to simply change the Alpha channel for whatever xxx_L.bmp(s) contains the tail and cabin/cockpit textures from white to black.White Alpha channel = landing lights controlBlack Alpha channel = any light switch EXCEPT landing lights control

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

hi,maybe you have also a suggestion about what kind of editor it's better to use to change Alpha channels.I made a search in Google and there are many but I didn't see any one made for FS9 texture.

>hi,>maybe you have also a suggestion about what kind of editor>it's better to use to change Alpha channels.I made a search in>Google and there are many but I didn't see any one made for>FS9 texture.There are two:ImageTool.exe (comes with the SDK but is quite frankly a pain to use)DXTBMP.exe from Martin Wright. Simple, easy to use:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator