Sign in to follow this  
Guest garynorton

XML Primer Gauge

Guest garynorton

Greetings:Does the "Engine_Primer" event do anything? On my Cessna 140 panel, there is a primer knob. I would like to make it operational. The code I wrote does not work. The hand shows, but the *.bmp does not show. Also, I do not know if anything is supposed to happen. The *.bmps are simular to the operating XML Starter gauge and the Panel.cfg is correct. (A:ENGINE_PRIMER,bool)Thank you.Gary N

Look in the Spirit of St Louis .cab file. There's a working version there - spirit_primer_knob.xml. However it just moves a knob and does not switch bitmaps.EDITI think the parameter in the statement should be (A:Recip Eng Primer:1,position)

Hi,Try:(A:RECIP ENG1 PRIMER,position)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

That's an interesting difference between (A:Recip Eng Primer:1,position) in the default Spirit of St Louis .xml file and (A:RECIP ENG1 PRIMER,position). Thinking more about it, I'd have normaly used the latter form, being unaware until now that the former was valid.

Guest garynorton

Jan,Again, you come to the rescue. Thank you bunches. I continue to wonder if the gauge really does anything. Also, is there a void command to disengage the turn and bank gauge? There is a switch on the Cessna 140 to turn the turn and bank gauge off and on. Therefore, I wish to make an XML gauge that would only turn off and on the turn and bank gauge. Thank you.Gary N