Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vorlin

Autopilot question ?

Hi,I'm using a 3rd party aircraft that seems to have the autopilot active (on) by default when the aircraft loads. If you don't remember to deactivate it the take off roll lasts all the way to your destination. I'm hoping someone can point me to a missing line in one of the cfg files please?ThanksJackhttp://www.dolphin-star.net/TCA/Paintshop/ybanner_tca_FM.jpgIntel P4 3.06Ghz 533FSB HT| 2GB Corsair 333Mhz PC2700 DDR | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2 x 120GB Maxtor ATA-133| Sapphire ATI 9800pro 128MB | Creative Audigy 2

Jack Ford

Guest Vorlin

Check out the urban myth thread below... it goes into all sorts of interesting things like this that can go goofy when you start a flight.When you understand that thread, you'll understand what happened and be able to prevent it from being a problem to you ever again.The thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=27252&page=Scott / Vorlin

An interesting thread indeed, the key bit being from your own post-<<"The only procedure that will work all of the time is;1) Invoke the default flight environmentTHEN2) Invoke the actual aircraft to be usedTHEN3) Invoke the actual flight environment to be usedUnless the developer mandates use of a specific baseline.FLT environment instead." (In which case, the baseline.FLT is the ONLY way to make sure that you're properly set up to start a flight.)We often start the baseline flight, move the AC to another part of the world and then re-save as another flight name without ever starting the engines so that the AC state is preserved as much as possible in the new location. This works well most of the time, but I agree that it does pose some small risk. But the main point of this entire thread seems to be that some people think it's ok to swap straight from one AC to another... and the fact is that this patently false because it's NOT a good idea. We all do it from time to time but many of us know that there is always a chance that it's a move that will blow up in our faces. It is not a myth, it's a simple fact of life when dealing with computers and saved variables.Saved variables from a saved non-default or non-baseling flight are just as liable to mess things up as the saved variables in memory if you swap AC in mid-air. It has nothing to do with aircraft of aircraft developers and everything to do with computers and how they save / retrieve information.Scott / Vorlin>>Examining the .FLT files in notebook is very revealing.Needless to say it did solve the problem. many thanks.Jackhttp://www.dolphin-star.net/TCA/Paintshop/ybanner_tca_FM.jpgIntel P4 3.06Ghz 533FSB HT| 2GB Corsair 333Mhz PC2700 DDR | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2 x 120GB Maxtor ATA-133| Sapphire ATI 9800pro 128MB | Creative Audigy 2

Jack Ford

Guest Vorlin

And, most importantly, you understand why it happened... so it can't trouble you anymore in any aircraft.Oh, that bit above was in my post, but it was only a simple rearranging of someone else's words. Thanks for the credit, but I think those steps were originally written by Bill if I'm not mistaken.Scott / Vorlin