Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cacoman

My first XML for the 737-200

Hi,That is correct.Just one if/els as example:(L:APU BLEED SWITCH,bool) if{ (L:APU BLEED,psi) 1 + 26 min (>L:APU BLEED,psi) } els{ (L:APU BLEED,psi) 1 - 0 max (>L:APU BLEED,psi) } Now you can use (L:APU BLEED,psi) also to drive an apu-bleed-air-pressure-gauge-needle etc. (if at all needed)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Vorlin

Tom,>I don't remember of seeing it fully documented in any SDK, but>rather a bunch of guys in this forum posted almost all the>secrets of constructions after what I believe>was a though testing time.Understood. What lead me to try to identify the name of that syntax style was that I was researching previous posts for those secrets and got frustrated because the info is scattered far and wide... which makes it extremely difficult to find, organize and digest. I've been gathering everything I find into a comprehensive document. I find that I learn best by taking something I don't understand, researching it and writing out an explaination in very simple terms so that, when I can't remember how to use some syntax, I can refer back to it as if it's my own private tutorial. This thing is becoming so large and comprehensive, I'll probably organize it properly and release it in pdf at some point.>In fact, structures maintain a big similarity with C>types for strings. As the compiler to assembled code is>written in C, I guess MS figured out a shortcut for easy>string handling inside XML gauges, without messing with the>stack's byte only model, which is very fast but too elemental>to deal with complex strings.I understand exactly what you mean there. I got so tired of trying to run down what the real capabilities of XML for FS9 are that I installed Visual Studio Express for C++ and am taking today to go over Dai Griffiths and Arnie Bartels sd2gau17.zip . I'm not abandoning XML because I do believe that it's the future of gauges... but using something that's thoroughly documented will be a nice change.I'll use both. From your answer above, the work in C will really help my skills in coding formatted text strings and another nice thing is that the work in VC++ can be used for many things outside of FS9 that I've always had in the back of my mind.Thanks for the insight Tom! Now I have a direction to go in so that I can learn more. I'll go towards C to learn that syntax, and be able to apply at least some of it to formatted text strings.Scott / Vorlin

>I understand exactly what you mean there. I got so tired of>trying to run down what the real capabilities of XML for FS9>are that I installed Visual Studio Express for C++ and am>taking today to go over Dai Griffiths and Arnie Bartels>sd2gau17.zip . I'm not abandoning XML because I do believe>that it's the future of gauges... but using something that's>thoroughly documented will be a nice change.In that case Scott, might I suggest reading through the 'sticky posts' in my Panel & Gauges forum at http://flightsim.com as a good adjunct to Dai's and Arne's work?Pay particular attention to the section that deals with C <=> XML intercommunications... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Vorlin

Thanks Bill, will do. I think I'm hitting info overload, it's been quite the learning curve in the last 3-4 weeks.Time to order a pizza and watch a movie (grin).Scott / Vorlin

Guest Cacoman

Just to show some progress of the graphics side of the panel.I modeled this in 3d from pictures.To add some flavor to the programming.Hope you like the artwork.This will be the quality of the whole overhead panel.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147376.jpg

Hi,That is just beautiful!Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."