Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

GDI Gauges

Hi,I had to make a little gauge with GDI because it doesn't work on the "bitmap-way".No problem with the gauge, it works fine.But I've noticed something 'strange'.I can't get a GDI Gauge work if there is just 1 MAKE_STATIC used. It just works when I've got 2 MAKE_STATICs in the gauge.To get the pelement for the 2nd MAKE_STATIC, I wrote:PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE pelement = (PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE)(pgauge->elements_list[0]->next_element[0]); If there's just 1 MAKE_STATIC, shouldn't that just be enough?:PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE pelement = (PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE)(pgauge); Another question: What does the option "IMAGE_CREATE_DIBSECTION" in MAKE_STATIC mean?Thanks in advance,Harry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE pelement = (PELEMENT_STATIC_IMAGE)( pgauge->elements_list<0> ) ;

>Another question: What does the option>"IMAGE_CREATE_DIBSECTION" in MAKE_STATIC mean?Harry, the DIBSECTION is a "Device Independent Bitmap Section..." It creates the "bitmap drawing surface" which is referenced by the HDC (Handle to Device Context).

>>Another question: What does the option>>"IMAGE_CREATE_DIBSECTION" in MAKE_STATIC mean?>>Harry, the DIBSECTION is a "Device Independent Bitmap>Section..." It creates the "bitmap drawing surface" which is>referenced by the HDC (Handle to Device Context).Thanks once again :-)Regards,Harry