Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacob001

Calling gauge gurus!

Guest jacob001

Help me! I'm a complete newbie to gauge programming and am looking for some sort of engine limiter gauge that DOES NOT involve autothrottle. Basically, I want an engine control computer that prevents the engine from going above a pre-set N1 limit, but can be switched off. This would simulate the real-world engine control computers. Who knows, if you could take it one step furthur and allow it to have different pre-set limits defined by altitude (for example, you could have TOGA thrust as max under 1500AGL, climb thurst up to FL310 and so on.) I'm sure this is an impossible request, but then again I know nothing (HTML and JavaScript are fine, but XML, C++ and so on has always eluded me...)I'm also looking for an 'invisible' gauge that can play specific wav files at specific speeds (eg. saying '80KIAS' at ... wait for it ... 80KIAS!)Sorry if these sound like ridiculously stupid requests, but its just an indication of my 'newbie' status!Thanks!Jacob Fordham

Without forcibly overriding throttle axis position, there is no other method to restrict N1 values.As for the gauge for wav files... it's a piece of cake. I don't do XML or I'd toss something here for ya.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mathias

Indeed, the N1 limiting could be as simple as (in explicit code, no C++ or XML):Lookup N1If N1 > x (x being the limit you want impose on it)KEY_THROTTLE_DECR_SMALLYou may have to take into account the lag in N1 reaction to throttle input, but that would basically be what you need. Any time the throttle controller is moved or has a sensor spike the gauge would have to "counter the attack".Better than using KEY_THROTTLE_DECR_SMALL could be to use KEY_AXIS_THROTTLE_SETand directly give it a value that you would have to pre-detrmine in trials before hand to see what setting gives what N1 result at what altitude.

Hello Jacob Try this (A:TURB ENG1 CORRECTED N1, percent) 79.1 > (A:GENERAL ENG1 THROTTLE LEVER POSITION,percent) 60 > (L:N1_max,enum) 75 > &&&& if{ (L:N1_max,enum) 0.996 / 24.9 - 95 / 16384 * int (>K:THROTTLE_SET) } If N1 is is greater than 79 and your limit number choice is greater than 75 N1 this will hold the (L:N1_max,enum) you select as your max. as long as throttle is over 60% open. Any throttle movement above 60% will not effect max. chosen power.

Paul EGLD

Guest jacob001

Thanks ever so much, everybody!