Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

2 C Gauge questions

Hello all,I have 2 questions about C Gauges. 1. Is it possilbe to change the value of a gauge you aren't neccesariy using. For example, lets take the airspeed gauge for the baron 58. Is there some function that allows me to set the AIRSPEED token. I could make a new gauge but instead I just want to tell MS to make that variable some number. 2. Can someone please explain what the initialize_var() does? I thought that maybe I could use that to solve my first problem but it just doesn't seem to do anything. I use lookup_var all the time, but I just can't forget the init_var function.Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello all,>>I have 2 questions about C Gauges.> >1. Is it possilbe to change the value of a gauge you aren't>neccesariy using. For example, lets take the airspeed gauge>for the baron 58. Is there some function that allows me to>set the AIRSPEED token. I could make a new gauge but instead>I just want to tell MS to make that variable some number. No, you can not make FS change the value of the AIRSPEED token. It's read-only.>>2. Can someone please explain what the initialize_var() does?> I thought that maybe I could use that to solve my first>problem but it just doesn't seem to do anything. I use>lookup_var all the time, but I just can't forget the init_var>function.>>Thanks in advance.>>initialize_var is used to retrieve a pointer to a variable that's being 'broadcast' by another gauge.

Thanks ED,After looking into it a little further I realized I can write to FS using the KEYs.

>Thanks ED,>>After looking into it a little further I realized I can write>to FS using the KEYs. Yes you can... however you can't change the value of AIRSPEED at all. It is a read-only value indicating to you what the current airspeed is.