Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mathias

FSEdit

Guest James451

Hello all,FSEdit-1)Is it any good? 2)If not, what does it do that is wrong? In the flight_tuning section of aircraft.cfg what are the maximum and minimum values? How do they relate to 1.0 and do minus numbers have an effect .Cheers

Guest iholrf

FSEDIT: Its as good as any other IMO.AC.CFG:1.0 relates to neutral... values can be above or below on a decimal scale.EG: 2.0 on rudder effectiveness makes it more effective, 0.5 makes it less.I have never used a negative number... give it a try and see what happens. ;)CheersShad

Guest James451

Thanks for your replies-some food for thought.

>Hello all,>>FSEdit-1)Is it any good?Now that you have two serious answers... I'll add my opinion:No, it's no good at all. Newspaper makes far better toilet paper! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have to disagree provided FSEdit is used as set out in the SDK which states, amongst other things, "you cannot modify the .air file directly".My experience of working with the .cfg file only (ie not modifying the .air file myself) is that FSEdit has to be used to ensure that some changes to the .cfg file get incorporated in the .air file - "The changes you make in FSEdit alter the aircraft's .cfg file, which in turn creates new aerodynamic parameters in the .air file."As a prime purpose of FSEdit is to modify the .air file, it's not surprising that it often can't cope when the .air file has been changed directly.

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I have to disagree provided FSEdit is used as set out in the SDK which states, amongst other things, "you cannot modify the .air file directly".<<<

Guest Mathias

FSEdit as it came with FS2004 was the first version that I have found to work - within the limits MS imposed. I have not found ANY of the troubles that are being talked about here to be true in my project. I used the default TwinEngineTurboprop.air and TwinEngineTurboprop.cfg as the starting point.But I DO confess to have made only the basic changes in FSEdit and then used AAM to do the "dirty" work.Many high hopes were rudely smothered when FSEdit first appeared, so it's reputation was crushed many years ago already. Therefore these in part very fierce reactions to your innocent question...