Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

flap adjustment

I have a plane that when the flaps are deployed it maintains level flight in a distinct nose down attitude. Any ideas of what could be causing the behavior and a possible fix? Thanks. Mike

It sounds like the flap pitch scalar in the aircraft.cfg. Should be a simple change; Just open the .cfg, scroll down to the {flaps} sections(s) and look for the pitch scalar. Play with the values to get the desired result; i.e. Pitch_scalar = 0--Jon

Guest IanK

Hello,well thay may screw it up.The pitch down is programmed in .air files and is a normal aerodynamic thing. a/c should pitch down with more flap but LE slats can reduce this and be programmed as an extra set of flaps with up pitch anyway you probably need to retrim when putting out flaps.Ian

Guest IanK

Well, .cfg does modify .air but .air needs to be reasonably correct first.Ian

I adjusted the flap pitch setting and it did help. According to values that Ron Freimuth and Tom Goodrick list, the value was too high by a factor of 10. Mike