Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

K:AP_VS_VAR_SET need help! please

Guest ridgell

for a military aircraft; i want to shortcut having to crawl up the v rate useing (>K:AP_VS_VAR_INC). originally i hoped for an elegant solution with a case (G:Var8) 1 == if{ 2500 2000 1500 1000 200 5(L:vert,enum) case (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } where the gvar (used in the animation) tells me if the click selected climb or decent. but could not make it work. i starteed getting simpler but it still does not work, i know its something simple but i just cant see it! i memoed out the limiter trying to find the glitch. (G:Var8) 1 == if{ (L:vert, number) ++ (>L:vert, number) 500 } (G:Var8) 2 == if{ (L:vert, number) -- (>L:vert, number) -500 } (L:vert, number) (K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)

Hi,You need to "assign" the value to the event, the same as with a local var:any value (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) Tom

Guest ridgell

thaanks for the resonce tom.i read your post on this subject. but all the registers and 'boolian math' was over my head.if{ (L:vert speed,number) 500 - 1000 min(>L:vert speed,number) (L:vert speed,number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) } i copyed and pasted jan's version ( the one you shortened) and it seemed to work, but unlike the gentleman who's post your were advising...my needs are simpler. i just want to increment by 1000. i do not need the minimum and max altitude stuff.does the (L:vert, number) (>K:AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) not asign a value? (L:vert, number) holds the value (i was thinking) that i want put into AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH

Guest ridgell

ahhh! i kept looking over the precious post, but i was looking at the programing. finally i noticed a note from Jan;3. important!Don't use (A:Autopilot vertical hold var,ft/min) but (L:vert speed,number) in the VS window.my stuff (i think) was sticking in the AP_VS_VAR_SET but i was reading the window for conformation. #3 solved that !gracias por todo! e jan tambien