Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Manual and automatic jet engine start

I noticed differences between the engine auto-start (Ctrl-E) and the manual engine start. For example, on the Learjet, if you auto-start the engines, N1 jumps to 40% and stabilizes around 33%, which is the N1 value for idle. This is realistic. If you start an engine manually by pressing the start engine button and keep it depressed, N1 jumps to around 70% before stabilizing, which is not realistic at all !!I noticed the same difference on the FS B747.I would like to know why there is such a difference, and how the auto-start works. In fact, I would like to provide an individual auto-start feature, but unfortunately the FS autostart works for all the engines only.Do you know how to use the autostart for a single engine?Or do you know how to reproduce the behavior of the autostart to make the engine start realistic?Any information is greatly welcome.Eric

Guest rkruijer

>I found the answer by myself. If you're interested, let me>know ;-)>>Eric>Yes I am...Roelof

>I found the answer by myself. If you're interested, let me>know ;-)>>Eric>Well, you came here asking... knowing this forum is for sharing. So, why not share what you know since no one else was able to answer your question?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I didn't share just because I didn't know if anyone was interested... Your post seems to show you would like to know, so here is the answer: instead of feeding the engine with fuel before engaging the starter, which is done by playing with the mixture (unrealistic for a jet engine that uses HP and LP fuel valves instead of mixture control, but let's imagine it is the same), feed the engine only when the start is initiated and the starter is switched off. It works fine this way ;-)Hope this helps...Eric

Actually, my point was that you asked the question and apparently no one knew. Since you determined a method that worked for you, it would only make sense to post the info here so that the next person seeking similar information can find it. ;)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

No problem, I am happy to share information, just hoping it will be useful for someone...Eric