Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

Starting Jet Engines

Guest rkruijer

Hi,I am confused. Too many vars for engines. )-:I want to start 2 jet engines from an XML gauge.There is an autostart knob in the aircraft. When you turn it, no1 starts and after a while no2 starts.I want to have that done from an XML gauge. I tried a few but it seems there is more to it.Can anyone give me the vars to use?Thanks for your help, Roelof

Hi,I use :(>K:TOGGLE_STARTER1) and (>K:TOGGLE_STARTER2) Also have a look at the default 747 starters.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Yes Jan,I also tried them. Looking at (A:General Eng1 RPM, RPM 1 over 16k) 16000 / )they start but emidately die away again. I think something else has to go with it but what?I'll take a look at the 747 as well.Roelof

Hi,Don't forget to set the fuel flow on!In real life you need:1. electric power from battery, APU or GPU.2. air pressure from APU or GPU.3. fuel flow from the tanks.You can make the starting procedure dependant of them using L:Var's.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

I think that is all done Jan. I took the Engine starters from the 747. Took a deep breath and planted the code in my gauge. To my surprise it works quite well. There seems to be some kind of a count down going on. G:var1 is initiated at 5 and is decreased.I have no idea what's going on exactly but that is the least of my problems. (-:I got what I wanted. Thanks foor the 747 tip.Roelof

>I think that is all done Jan. I took the Engine starters from>the 747. Took a deep breath and planted the code in my gauge.>To my surprise it works quite well. There seems to be some>kind of a count down going on. G:var1 is initiated at 5 and is>decreased.>I have no idea what's going on exactly but that is the least>of my problems. (-:>>I got what I wanted. Thanks foor the 747 tip.>>Roelof Roelof,When TOGGLE_STARTER_n event is fired once, "A:General Eng_n Starter" Avar has a logic value of 1, which means the starter for Engine_n is ON. After 2 seconds aprox. it returns automatically to 0, meaning now Engine_n starter is OFF. Seems reasonable that to prevent the starter from going to OFF, one should keep firing the event. However, as is well known here, it is not recommendable to keep firing events continually by code because it may interfer with other events, and the sim may hung eventually. So, a fair solution to this is use a counter like MS does in the 747, for example a 5-cycles number, that when reaching 0, autofire the starter event and resets to 5 again. Hope this makes senseTom

Guest rkruijer

Yes it does. A bit like my lawn mower. It won't start right away! (-:Thanks again.Roelof