Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

XML Transparency

Guest sbandersen

I am trying to make a HUD with a clickable spot that is text only. The problem is that i have to actual click on the text to make the button work. Is there any way to have a transparent clickable area?Thanks.

Guest ridgell

not that i have ever seen. the gun cross is visable and stationary on most huds...perhaps you can use that?

For other reasons, I tried to do the same. I tried to have a transparent clickable area, and after many tests and research, I came to the conclusion that it can't be done.If you find a way to do it, please let me know...Eric

Guest superman32870

It can't be done in FS 2004. I hade a transparent box to close my hud gauge in fs2002 that worked. The same exact gauge did not work in fs2004 until I put some text on it.Chris

The size tag will create a transparent gauge.Here's a sample, which I named SimRateReset.xml, which resets the sim rate to 1.0 when you click on this "invisible" gauge. Make it any size you like and put it at any handy spot on your panel.(CAREFUL! Don't forget where you put it, grin!)256 (>K:SIM_RATE_SET)Cheers, Bob

This is interesting, I will test it immediately.In fact, my tests were done with a C++ gauge, so there might be another difference between C/C++ and XML here...Eric

Guest sbandersen

I was looking for a transparent area within a HUD or really an area with text but you can click on the whole rectangle the text is in.Would this work there?ThanksSteve

Hi Steve,I checked this on my own HUD and find that the mouse click won't work when the background is RGB 0,0,0 - which of course is the background of a HUD! Ooops!However, it WILL work if you size it and position it so that the click area is over a portion of the HUD framework (perhaps adjacent to your text?).In short, you can place an invisible mouse click area anywhere on the panel EXCEPT in the sim's transparent zones (RGB 0,0,0).Hope you can somehow get this to work for you.Cheers, Bob

Guest Skymed

You could always make a clickspot that remains invisible until the mouse is moved over it, then becomes visible, thereby allowing the mouse click functions to work and it dissapears when the mouse is moved away from the clickspot?Steve

Hello guys,Please let me answer to this interesting posts:@Redlander:A1ccording to my tests (in C++, not in XML), if you place the invisible area anywhere on the HUD, it will work only if some pixels are drawn were you click. For example, if you place it over text, it will work only if you click on a character.@SkyMed:I already tried what you describe here, but it doesn't work. If you make a transparent clickspot, it will not be able to detect the mouse movements, just like it can't detect the mouse clicks.Eric