Sign in to follow this  
WarpD

Calculate Desired Landing Path (altitude) with HSI?

Hello -I'm trying to calculate a desired landing path with the HSI variables (HSI_Horizontal_Needle, HSI_Vertical_Needle) to be used and reacted upon by an invisible gauge. The problem is that the farther out from the runway you are, the less accurate this is. Is there a way to calculate feet from the center of the HSI cone to establish an accurate desired position (altitude)? Thanks for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hello ->>I'm trying to calculate a desired landing path with the HSI>variables (HSI_Horizontal_Needle, HSI_Vertical_Needle) to be>used and reacted upon by an invisible gauge. The problem is>that the farther out from the runway you are, the less>accurate this is. Is there a way to calculate feet from the>center of the HSI cone to establish an accurate desired>position (altitude)? Thanks for any help.You would have to know how many degrees off you are in the vertical and horizontal from the ILS path. I suggest taking a look at how the two variables are defined value wise. ;) After that, simple geometry can give you the answer you seek.